Sunday, October 21, 2007

The hills are alive





With fire! Babylon is burning. It seems to happen every year and it gets worse every time. Some times it doesn't even phase me, then i drive over the hill next to our apartment and i see a giant line of fire heading straight for a housing track. When does a fire go from news to a disaster. It makes me wonder what i would do if everything i own burnt. I don't think it would bother me that much, or at least i hope it wouldn't bother me. On the way home tonight i wanted to go see how close we could get to the fire, then i realized that might not be a great idea. I hope you can escape the fire.

2 comments:

the davester said...

Awesome picture.the Goveror is now in the act.Be prepared.
Thanks to all the fire fighters out there.

Brooke said...

The fire was SO close to our house... crazy-close.
I wasn't really that concerned with our stuff; that kind of suprised me. I was talking to the kids and saying "you know, God's in control, so what's really to worry about?"
Hopefully I wouldn't be singing another tune if our stuff actually DID burn up!